Monday, July 11, 2011

1 year OLD!

Well my little girl is finally ONE year old and it is pretty had to believe! It has been a year full of joy, exhaustion, discovery, early mornings,  laughs, LOTS of FIRSTS, and understanding the incredible unconditional LOVE God can have for HIS children, by being a parent. This year has been LIFE-CHANGING and I wouldn't change a moment! We definitely MORE than survived so now we begin a new chapter--TODDLERHOOD.

Here are some things Evie is doing at ONE YEAR:
  • She continues to babble a lot and refuses to add more words to her vocab at this point...
  • Walking so well almost to the point of a full out RUN--kinda funny to watch those feet go so quickly on such a little child!
  • Evie now LOVES to give kisses over and over, which I ADORE! Such a sweetie!
  • She also has learned to REACH UP as tall as she can to Matt and I when she wants to be held--a very different thing for us since she is our little independent girl. But I love being wanted!
  • FINALLY her top 4 teeth are coming in (I was beginning to believe we would have only 2 teeth!
  • Still sleeping GREAT with 2 naps in the daytime, which I am sure will drop to one shortly (unwillingly on my part...)
  • NO MORE BOTTLES! Yay! I was glad to put all those away and on to only a sippy cup. She is getting pretty good at sipping through a straw too.
  • She LOVES attention and laughs when we all laugh as if she knows what is funny!
  • She loves to be tickled and has the cutest laugh when she is.
  • Her favorite thing to do is READ and loves to page through book after book.
  • She still loves to be outside and I often find her in our garden trying to pick out the perfect stick to play with!
 One of Evie's new postions---upside down! (you can't really see her face but she is laughing--so cute!)
 Learning to climb stairs
 My happy little girl!
 Peekaboo! Evie's favorite game!
 Strike a pose! She loves to be the center of attention!
Walking like a champ!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIE GRACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment