Friday, November 4, 2011

16 months

Well since time flew by and my "15 month" post never happened, 16 months will do. Evie is 16 months and definitely becoming more Toddler and MUCH less Baby (tear). It is crazy that it is hard to even remember when she would just be content laying on her play mat and just stare at her animals--not so anymore! She is always on the GO and truly NEVER stops. She is definitely curious and mischievous I would say. One minute she is ripping our wallpaper off, the next she is tearing every pot and pan out of the cabinet, and the next she is pulling out all of my shoes from the closet. Yes, most days the only thing I can say I did for the day is chased after her trying to not let her destroy the house! Here are some other things she has been up to:
  • She is being very stubborn in the "word" picking up--she understands pretty well but refuses to repeat or try to sound new words. She says "mom", "daddy", "doggie", "hi", "ball", "baby", "baa" and a monkey sound. I think I just attribute it to her stubborn nature. 
  • She definitely throws fits--a lot! I can even call it before it is about to happen. They do make me laugh a little as it is cute in an odd way.
  • She still is in the 50th percentile--weight and height, with still a round little baby belly (the one thing I got left)
  • She does know a lot of her body parts and can point to about any one we say
  • Picky, picky, picky--when it comes to food I mean. She LOVES pasta and will eat chicken and hotdogs, maybe some fruit here or there but vegetables usually get tossed on the floor (yes we are working on that).
  • Oh yes we have instigated "time-outs" as we have learned "no" has NO affect on this child. We are still trying to figure all that "discipline" stuff out as I know she understands a lot but not everything. 
  • It is the era of "EHH"---all I hear ALL DAY LONG. Kinda ready for some more words, it's not easy being a sleuth all day trying to figure you out.
  • Evie has decided she wants to be attached to me---WAY attached to me. She used to be very independent but not so much anymore. Although when there are people around and the attention is on her, she is always soaking up every bit!
  • She still is an outside girl and give her a pile of rocks and she will be amused for hours! She also loves to go to the park and climb on everything!
  • She also has become quite a CHEF! She gets pretty upset if I don't let her help me cook so don't be surprised if she has a cookbook out soon!






Well she definitely keeps us on our toes but we couldn't love that little girl anymore! We are truly blessed to be her parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment