Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cousin Penelope

We were eagerly anticipating the Hird "cousins" to get to meet each other and Matt and I were anxious to especially see Penelope and how much she has grown in the 6 months we hadn't seen her! My sister also was able to come the weekend of my birthday so it was a lot of fun celebrating together with all the Hird siblings and families (minus TJ who we missed). I know my parents were feeling a little sentimental to see all their children and families together without them, but Skype will have to do for now. The house was a little crazy at times with Penelope testing every limit in this "new place" she suddenly found herself in. But she never left us unentertained in the least! I can't wait to see Evie and Penelope together at Christmas when Evie will hopefully be a little more mobile and interactive with her cousin.

The cousins playing together

I wasn't very good at getting any good pictures as from the time I took this picture to when I told Jessica to look my direction---one kid had disappeared and the other was crying. This may have been the most sane moment all weekend!

Reading to Penelope with Evie snoozing in the background

The cousins giving "kisses" to each other

If you go to my sister's blog here:Cousin Evie, she was able to get a lot of great pictures and puts the weekend into better words than I ever could.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the last two pictures on your sister's blog post are my very, very favorites. Sweet, sweet Evie. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete