Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Rocky Ride

So a couple weeks ago I decided (and finally accepted) that I was soon to return to work and probably needed to start a little exercising so I could endure the long 12 hour shifts at the hospital. So Evie and I went on a fast walk out in our neighborhood. This was the first time I had walked the sidewalks of our neighborhood with a stroller and soon found out that is was more of an "Off Road" experience. The sidewalk in places looked like it could've been on top a fault line as there were more bumps and obstacles to go through and around it was actually a lot of work. There were times I actually had to lift the stroller UP OVER the parts of the sidewalk that looked more like stairs than a smooth path. I had planned for Evie to catch a quick snooze while I was strolling her but she kept getting jolted and startled by all the bumps I don't think she got much rest. Maybe I need to start petitioning for smoother sidewalks as they are supposed to be "safer" than the street, right? So I might have to muster up some courage to hit the "sidewalk" again or maybe get some better shocks for my stroller....


No comments:

Post a Comment